the best stage in relationship is the early stage. Everything is just beautiful and wonderful. Are you in a new relationship and you are planning to post about it on social media?
i know you are excited to annouce how happy you are to the world but wait, here’s an advice before you do that. read this first and it might change your mind or if it's not at least you'll be prepare for any consequences coming your way!
5 REASON WHY YOU SHOULDN'T ANNOUNCE YOUR NEW RELATIONSHIP ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
- GIVE TIME TO REALLY KNOW A PERSON WITHOUT INVOLVING SOCIAL MEDIA
- It took a quite some time to know a person.No. Actually it took a lot of time to really know a person. There is no way you can say ‘I know my BF very well’ in just 3 months. NO. It took one or two years for a person to really show their true color. So, you should really use the first 3 to 5 months of relationship to know each other better not necessary secretly. of course you can still ask people around him/her but you don’t want social media interrupt you relationship at these point.
2.CLOSE YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MEET A BETTER PERSON
- i mean of course you want to tell the world that you are taken but wait, are you sure he’s the one for you? Because once you post your relationship on social media that’s mean you are announcing to the world that your heart are taken and it’s almost like you are closing the opportunity for other to approach you. My advice is give your relationship a little time before announcing it. Get to know your new partner first and if you are sure enough that he’s the one for you then yes! the world need to know! or maybe not. It’s really up to you.
3. YOU CAN’T FREELY POST YOUR FEELING ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIP
- New relationship always have argument, broken-hearted moment and quarrel and get back together again. And when you are heartbroken you tend to express it on social media but then you have to be careful because all of your friends know exactly who you are referring to even if you never mention any name. Because they know who your BF is! and this will create the so called drama. Of course it will be fun for your mutual friends to gossip about it behind your back. You can just ignore them gossiping or you can post freely about your broken-hearted feeling and leave all your friends in wonder.. *evil smirk
4. INVOLVING FAMILY MEMBER
- Announcing your relationship on social media will draw a family member of both side to add or follow you or your partner on social media. Of course they want to get to know what kind of person their family member hang out with. But early relationship is the time for both of you to get to know each to other and it was meant for both of you before you wanna any family member to get involve. Let say the relationship didn’t work after 5 months and his/her family member is your mutual friend on social media. Isn’t awkward to be friend with his/her family member and not to mention it will also give the opportunity for your fail relationship’s partner (if just in case you want to avoid him/her after the fail relationship) to stalk your daily activity.
5. IT’S ALMOST LIKE ANNOUNCING BREAKUPS
- After announcing your new relationship proudly on social media then suddenly it didn’t work out. Now you are deleting all of his/her picture from your social media. It’s abvious you guys are breaking up! it’s also almost like you are announcing your breakup on social media! And people will start to guess how long have you been together. Like 6 or 8 months? hmm.
But after all above, it’s actually your relationship and it’s your social media. So,that’s mean it’s up to you if you want to announce it or not. It just a 20 cents of advice the rest is really up to yourself!
love love love,